If you’ve been following me long enough you know about the Jot Conference, even if you don’t live in the US or Michigan. It’s a one day free conference that celebrates the love of writing. It’s a place of encouragement and growth and connection.
This next Jot will be considerably smaller than the previous conferences because of the venue. But that does not mean it will be any less impactful to your writing career.
This Jot will be intimate and accessible. You’ll be able to interact with the presenters and encourage each other by sharing the mutual joy we have.
I hope you come with questions and are prepared to share during the breaks and after the presentations.
Great life happens in community.
I hope to see you there.
Sign up here!
Click here for location and time.
Previously posted on https://parttimenovel.wordpress.com
Jot is a week and a half away! I hope you have signed up HERE to claim your seat.
As we’ve moved locations, I’d like to offer you 10 reason to make the trip a hour and fifteen minutes south.Jot will be small and intimate this year.
- Jot will be small and intimate this year. If you wanted to connect with other writers, this would provide an excellent opportunity.
- A change of pace can shake us out of our comfort zones. This provides a new venue and a tremendous atmosphere.
- You’ll get home late, probably around midnight. This might seem like a reason not to come. I get it. But if you refer to number two, this makes sense. A drive at midnight when the moon is high and the air is crisp. Sounds inspiring doesn’t it?
- You get to explore one of the best use book collections in the region. Endless books in an old store font in a quaint downtown.
- Three Rivers has several parks. If you come early you can head out the back of the bookstore, cut across a parking lot, and cross a bridge to an Island. Across the street is another and in between a coffee shop.
- If you like to hunt for antiques or shop fair trade. There are several stores downtown that will satisfy this itch.
- It can be a getaway. You could head down for an early breakfast, peruse the shops, grab lunch, check out the free bind at Lowry’s or buy a book, get coffee, sit under a tree near the river to read, take a nap, eat dinner, and then enjoy a writers conference. What more could you ask for in a relaxing day?
- You’ll hear great content capped by an interview from the editor of a literary magazine.
- You get to hear great content for free. Enough said.
- You’ll meet other aspiring writers. Collaboration is the key to survival in the writing life. Jot would not be possible without it. Be bold and say hello. You might find a writer friend that will last years.