Jot is a week and a half away! I hope you have signed up HERE to claim your seat.
As we’ve moved locations, I’d like to offer you 10 reason to make the trip a hour and fifteen minutes south.Jot will be small and intimate this year.
- Jot will be small and intimate this year. If you wanted to connect with other writers, this would provide an excellent opportunity.
- A change of pace can shake us out of our comfort zones. This provides a new venue and a tremendous atmosphere.
- You’ll get home late, probably around midnight. This might seem like a reason not to come. I get it. But if you refer to number two, this makes sense. A drive at midnight when the moon is high and the air is crisp. Sounds inspiring doesn’t it?
- You get to explore one of the best use book collections in the region. Endless books in an old store font in a quaint downtown.
- Three Rivers has several parks. If you come early you can head out the back of the bookstore, cut across a parking lot, and cross a bridge to an Island. Across the street is another and in between a coffee shop.
- If you like to hunt for antiques or shop fair trade. There are several stores downtown that will satisfy this itch.
- It can be a getaway. You could head down for an early breakfast, peruse the shops, grab lunch, check out the free bind at Lowry’s or buy a book, get coffee, sit under a tree near the river to read, take a nap, eat dinner, and then enjoy a writers conference. What more could you ask for in a relaxing day?
- You’ll hear great content capped by an interview from the editor of a literary magazine.
- You get to hear great content for free. Enough said.
- You’ll meet other aspiring writers. Collaboration is the key to survival in the writing life. Jot would not be possible without it. Be bold and say hello. You might find a writer friend that will last years.